[mythtv-users] Advice on media players

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Dec 3 18:52:53 UTC 2009

On Thursday 03 December 2009 11:33:35 am Michael Tiller wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> > My Revo arrived yesterday. I'm trying to decide on the best way to set it
> > up.
>
> How do you deal with control?  It didn't see that it had an IR port.

Give me a little time, I've barely got it out of the box :-)

The best solution will be if I can use the IR capability on either my HDHR or
HD-PVR-1212. If neither of these solutions works out I may try a USB-serial
adapter, since I use a MyBlaster it should work, though I know LIRC type
blasters will not work with with USB-to-serial adapters. For receiving there
are a lot of USB IR receivers available.

I normally use an RF keyboard for control, which should work, the problem
will be controlling my DISH receiver.

One way or another I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get it working.