[mythtv-users] multiple network boot diskless frontends with seperate configurations?

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Thu Dec 3 19:42:02 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Adeff" <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>
To: "MythTV Users" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2009 8:10 AM
Subject: [mythtv-users] multiple network boot diskless frontends with seperate configurations?

Hello all!
 So I've got two frontends that I would like to network boot with PXE
as diskless frontends. I've read many a web article on this, but none
give any information on how to manage multiple clients like this where
each client is allowed to have it's own separate "settings" so to
speak.

has anyone done this? what is the key to setting up multiple diskless
frontends that all boot from the same server but have separate
environments?

Thanks!
--
Steve

The information is out there but it is well hidden.
On mythbuntu 0.21 each FE's MAC address is used for an independent file repository for that FE, on the BE.  On 0.21 you can just do
it.
Also note multiple diskless FE's will likely need more HDD file space allocation over a default setup.
On 0.22 apparently one has to do this from the command line however I've not figured that out yet, perhaps someone can clarify?