[mythtv-users] cards vs sources vs inputs confusion, problems and possible bugs

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Thu Dec 3 20:08:47 UTC 2009

R. G. Newbury píše v Čt 03. 12. 2009 v 13:24 -0500:

> For example, if you get   2,4,6,8,10 from OTA and 6,8,10 from digital
> cable as 206,208 and 210, giving the latter a channum of 6A,8A and 10A
> would list them in the EPG below/above their equals. Internally, their
> chanids differ and myth would know how to tune them accordingly. And an
> in-use channel/tuner combo would show in the EPG.
> Not QUITE what you want, but close.

What's wrong with identical channums? Why making them slightly different
(6, 6A, 6B, 6C...) and then forcing the user to try each one until they
find one that works (or until they run into a deadlock I have just
experienced). Shouldn't the computer know better (using the chanids)
which tuner is free and could be used?

Petr