[mythtv-users] Any way of transcoding of DVB-T radio with cutlists?

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Thu Dec 3 20:11:53 UTC 2009

Back in the 0.20 days, I could transcode DVB-T radio shows (UK
Freeview), either kicking off a lossless encoder job using mythfrontend
(which edits out the cutlist, and removes MHEG and other data, reducing
the file size), or using nuvexport.

When 0.21 came out, both methods fail (see for example
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/337662 and
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/338709 and
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/370445). I was
waiting/hoping that 0.22 would fix this, but alas it hasn't.

There is dvbradioexport.pl and other scripts that users have submitted
that use ffmpeg to extract the audio stream from the file, but
unfortunately those don't honour cutlists (I often want to cut out and
keep just bit of a show).

I couldn't see a bug filed about this, but I may have overlooked one.
Does anyone know if there is a bug filed? Or does anyone know any other
method to transcode the recordings, honouring the cut list?

Cheers,

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T