[mythtv-users] cards vs sources vs inputs confusion, problems and possible bugs

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Dec 3 21:04:54 UTC 2009

Petr Stehlik <pstehlik at sophics.cz> says:
> What's wrong with identical channums?

[...]

> Shouldn't the computer know better (using the chanids) which tuner
> is free and could be used?

That's a fair point, and a feature I agree would be useful, but that's
not how MythTV works now from a tuning perspective. Until then, I
prefer giving different channel numbers (I have long used +1000 to
over-the-air) to identical channels on different sources as a way of
a) quickly distinguishing which source a channel is on, and b) be able
to jump to a specific channel on a specific soure if I should so
desire.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array