[mythtv-users] cards vs sources vs inputs confusion, problems and possible bugs

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Thu Dec 3 21:30:36 UTC 2009

Petr Stehlik píše v Čt 03. 12. 2009 v 22:02 +0100:
> > > I have been playing with various switches that could be affecting that
> > > and now I am running into some kind of a busy loop where mythbacked and
> > > mysql both hog the CPU at 100%. That's worse than before :-)
> >
> > Another case of too many settings with too many combinations to test,
> > probably.  So the hard part will likely be figuring out how to make it
> > reproducible.
>
> It's actually not that hard. If you want the Live TV to work normally
> you definitely want to (in TV Settings -> General and Playback OSD):
> 1) Avoid conflicts between live TV and scheduled shows
> 2) Allow live TV to move scheduled shows
> 3) Always use Browse mode in live TV
> 4) Browse all channels

This is getting interesting:

With "Always use Browse mode in live TV" DISABLED the channel changing
works _correctly_ and allows watching all channels using the free tuner.
When you press ArrowUp/Down the channel is changed immediately.

With that switch ENABLED when you press ArrowUp/Down and want to browse
through the channums that are available on both cards it offers you only
those channels that could be recorded from the BUSY card (i.e. it locks
you to the multiplex that is being recorded on the busy card, ignoring
there's a completely free card).

It looks like the browse mode is confused by those duplicate channums
and doesn't realize that there is a free card available with the same
channums. Internally in Myth itself picking a free tuner works correctly
when one avoids the Browse mode. This is actually good news.

I think I am getting closer to being able to create an useful bug
report.

Petr