[mythtv-users] WD HD-TV Live + MythTV (was: Advice on media players)

Michael Tiller michael.tiller at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 23:44:42 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com>wrote:

> > My understanding is that the WD device has no ethernet port and that
> > to network it you need to hack something up through USB. It is
> > primarily meant to connect external USB drives to.
>
> The new WD HD-TV Live has networking built in.

Good to know.  I see from the specs it supports DLNA.  But my question
is...has anybody used such a device with a MythTV system (v0.22
preferably)?  I'd just like some concrete statements about the performance
and compatibility.  How about handling HD-PVR recordings through DLNA?
Those are my two main concerns.

--
Mike