[mythtv-users] Terms and Conditions and Screen scraping

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Dec 4 04:16:09 UTC 2009

OJ wrote:

> Does anyone know how e.g. XMLTV (and others) handles this? Clearly I'm
> breaking their license.
>
> What would happen if I distributed the source? Could I get around it somehow?

Email them and ask permission?

You never know.  I asked a company if I could use their logo for a
users' group sticker, fully expecting to be told "NO!!!!"

Instead I got a very polite email back with a link to page full of their
logos in various formats, and blanket permission to use what I needed.

--Yan

--

   o__