[mythtv-users] HD-PVR & Patch 6719 Problem

Ron Garrison ron.garrison at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 09:30:21 UTC 2009

I have a problem using patch 6719.  Without it (and the other patches
mentioned in the hd-pvr wiki),  my hd-pvr is unstable.  Therefore it
is defenitely needed.  However,  with it applied,  when I change
channels too quickly (i.e. channel up 2+ times in a row without
waiting for the channel to change first) on my pvr-250 , I get the
following error pop-up: "Error opening jump program file buffer", and
sometimes a backend segntation fault.  Without it applied, I can
change channels on my pvr-250 to my hearts desire (but of course, the
hd-pvr is now not usable).

BTW - I also tried changing the source to the hd-pvr then hitting ch
up 2+ times quickly like above, and it hangs there too, though I don't
get the jump buffer  message.  I can hit exit and get back to the main
menu and get back in at this point though.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this?  I assume it has something
to do with this statement made in the ticket: "Note: With this change,
any pre-existing external channel change scripts which ran in the
background, must be modified to run in the foreground.",  but there is
no "external" change script for the pvr-250.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

I normally change channels using the guide, but my son likes to
channel change between a couple of channels close to each other using
channel up/down.  He will almost daily kill the backend at least once.

Ron