[mythtv-users] audio issue using Internal player

Aaron aaron at rb303.net
Fri Dec 4 14:31:30 UTC 2009

Just for kicks, install XBMC, and see how your audio works there. I have
been talking with Kevin from this list on our DTS issues in the latest
builds.  We get massive "crackling" when playing DTS movies, I've tried
mplayer, vlc, xine, and now XBMC, the all seem to play fine (motor boating
is rare) and no crackling.

So the real issue to me is how MythTV calls up or uses our sound cards. I
can't really say it's ALSA seeing the rest of the sound apps use the same
ALSA back end, the only difference again is MythTV.

If anyone else can help verify this, I think we should file a bug.