[mythtv-users] Ideas on Video Delete option

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Fri Dec 4 15:52:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, 4 Dec 2009, Greg Estabrooks wrote:

> > Mine takes at least 30, could be as along as a minute -- I haven't
> > waited around to time it.

> slow. 30 seconds would concern me greatly. Honestly it sounds like there
> is something wrong with your setup it's so long for you to scan.

Thinking about it, that may be the time to wake up all the drives that have
spun down. A second scan soon after the first happens in a second or two.

Which, to me, is enough reason itself for the "Delete from database" option.
No reason to wake up all the drives. By the same token, a "Rescan this
directory and below" would be nice too.