[mythtv-users] Advice on media players

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Dec 4 16:05:00 UTC 2009

Michael Tiller wrote:
> Just to clarify.  When I talked about control, I was talking about
> playback control (e.g. Play, Pause, Stop), not controlling an external
> IR device (e.g. STB).
>
> So should I assume from comments that their is no IR sensor on these Revos?
>
> I've never seen an IR keyboard.  Any pointers on good deals on these.

I tried the early IR keyboards and mice. Real line of sight pain.

I presently have a couple of Logitech Dinovo bluetooth keyboard/mouse
pairs in operation. Very nice and the bluetooth receiver (size of a usb
flash stick) lives on the back of the mythbox without problem.

This keyboard is quite small and light. Uses batteries, very slowly.
There is a much more expensive rechargeable version, even smaller and
lighter.

Geoff

-