[mythtv-users] mythbuntu boot problems on new system

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 19:39:53 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Travis Tabbal wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 8:27 AM, David L wrote:
>>
>> and it boots fine with to the mythbuntu 9.10 USB Live.
>> But I installed my hard drives last night and can't
>> get mythbuntu happily installed on them.  When
>> I boot to the hard drive, I get a flickering console
>> login screen.
>

> Install or update the NVidia driver. aptitude install nvidia-glx-190. If
> that doesn't work you might need -195, I'm not sure what version you need
> for that card.

Thanks for the feedback.  I tried this:
sudo aptitude install nvidia-glx-190
But got this error:
Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "nvidia-glx-190"

So I went to nvidia's web site and downloaded that driver
and installed it manually and that seemed to do the trick.

Thanks again to Travis and Harry for pointing me
in the right direction.

             David