[mythtv-users] FCC admits CableCARD a failure, vows to try something else

Alan Marchiori alan at alanmarian.com
Fri Dec 4 22:05:39 UTC 2009

>> you'll never get unencrypted output.
>
> Why not? The "Betamax Decision" said that I have a right to record
> programming I pay for. Has this been retracted?
>
> The cable companies have contrived a way to get a "right" they are not
> entitled to, why should the government be required to perpetuate it? Here's a
> chance to take back what is legally ours and was stolen from us by the
> cable/media companies.

let me rephrase.  Every move the content producers have (ever) made is
to protect their "content".  I'm not arguing whether they should or
not, fact is they do.  So, I propose to comprise on something that
works and allows the functionality we all want, instead of the cable
companies devising their own (closed) solutions that don't work and
forcing these "solutions" on their customers (because there is no
other alternative).