[mythtv-users] 'powerline' ethernet experience?

Kevin Ross kevin at familyross.net
Fri Dec 4 22:16:23 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Kevin Ross <kevin at familyross.net> wrote:

For going from upstairs to downstairs, I found there was no possible way to
run the cable without making big holes in the walls.  So I cut the holes in
the drywall, drilled the necessary holes through the top plate, and got all
the wires run.  You get good at patching the holes pretty fast.  I hate
painting, though, so I let someone else repaint the walls.

If you have natural gas heating and/or water heaters, the space they run the
"chimney" to the roof is usually a good place to get from bottom to top in a
house.