[mythtv-users] VDPAU package problems 0.22?

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Fri Dec 4 22:30:51 UTC 2009


On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Mike Dent <mcdent at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> On my frontend, a Acer Revo R3610 running mythbuntu 9.10, and myth
> 0.22 etc, I enabled VDPAU, pretty sure I followed these instructions
> here:-
>
> http://www.avenard.org/media/Ubuntu_Repository/Entries/2009/11/9_Karmic_and_Using_Avenard_repo.html
> which seemed to work.
> At some point after that I attempted to upgrade with apt-get upgrade
> etc, then I ran in to a dependency problem. Now when I try and upgrade
> I get the following error:
>
>  apt-get upgrade
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> You might want to run ‚apt-get -f install‚ to correct these.
> The following packages have unmet dependencies.
>  libmyth-0.22-0: Depends: libvdpau1 (>= 0.3) but it is not installed
>  mplayer: Depends: libvdpau1 (>= 0.3) but it is not installed
> E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.
>
>
>
> And it I try apt-get upgrade -f
>
>
>  apt-get upgrade -f
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Correcting dependencies...Done
> The following NEW packages will be installed
>  libvdpau1
> 0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> 11 not fully installed or removed.
> Need to get 0B/27.6kB of archives.
> After this operation, 127kB of additional disk space will be used.
> Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
> (Reading database ... 103328 files and directories currently installed.)
> Unpacking libvdpau1 (from .../libvdpau1_0.3-0ubuntu3_amd64.deb) ...
> dpkg: error processing
> /var/cache/apt/archives/libvdpau1_0.3-0ubuntu3_amd64.deb (--unpack):
>  trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/libvdpau.so.1', which is also in
> package nvidia-185-libvdpau 0:185.18.36-0ubuntu9
> Errors were encountered while processing:
>  /var/cache/apt/archives/libvdpau1_0.3-0ubuntu3_amd64.deb
> E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
>
>
> Has anybody come across this? Or have a suggestion how to fix?
>


Did you install the normal Ubuntu Nvidia drivers first? I had a similar
issue. It took a few tries, but I managed to remove all traces of the driver
from the old repos and installed the ones from the JYA repo. It was a bit of
a pain. IIRC, there were some instructions on the Nvidia forums for removing
the distro drivers so you can install their binary package. That helped get
things to a state where the JYA stuff worked. I ended up uninstalling just
about everything media related due to dependencies, but it wasn't a big
deal. The uninstall removes the binaries, but not the config files. Back up
/etc and the Myth database first though, just in case. :)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20091204/c7f200be/attachment.htm>


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list