[mythtv-users] multiple network boot diskless frontends with seperate configurations?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 22:36:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Brad Benson <bbenso1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> sounds interesting, though the geek in me wants to "build from
>> scratch" at this time.
>
> I can certainly understand that.  That's pretty much where I started too.
>

>> though much like with my going from Debian to
>> mythbuntu/kubuntu I'll probably end up going minimyth route once I've
>> had enough of doing it on my own and just want it "to work".
>>
> And that's pretty much where I ended up when I found minimyth. ;)
>
>> so far I've got it booting and everything, so now I'm just setting
>> this boot "image" up with all the toys I want the machines to have
>> installed by default.
>>
> Good luck and have fun tweaking your systems.  I've found that one of the
> nicest things about netbooting diskless machines is that it's very painless
> to try out a different setup.  No hard drives to swap or system to
> reinstall.  Try the new image and if you don't like it just edit the netboot
> config to switch back to the old one.
>
> Keep that in mind if/when you decide to try out minimyth.  Keep your old
> images around until you're sure you don't need them anymore just in case you
> decide to go back.
>
> Brad

well I've got a weird issue I'm hoping to get some help with...
only crops up with netboot (using the harddrive that was in the system
works fine), but VDPAU is having an issue initializing or something?
2009-12-04 17:30:07.827 VDPAU Error: Error at util-vdpau.cpp:222 (#1, Unknown)
2009-12-04 17:30:07.827 VidOutVDPAU Error: Failed to initialise VDPAU
2009-12-04 17:30:07.828 VideoOutput, Error: Not compiled with any
useable video output method.
2009-12-04 17:30:07.828 NVP(0), Error: Couldn't create VideoOutput
instance. Exiting..

both are using JYA's repo for the nvidia drivers and Myth, but the
netboot one isn't playing back.

thanks!

--
Steve