[mythtv-users] Somewhat OT: Comcast takeover of NBC Universal

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Fri Dec 4 23:11:02 UTC 2009

Does anyone else have an unsettled feeling about the impending takeover
of NBC by comcast?

I am not sure I would want my entertainment owned soup to nuts by a
single company with the
proven predilection towards maximum profits.  If the deal goes through,
it's about 40% of the
channels out there owned by comcast.  I don't see that being good for
those of us that get service
from thier competitors.

And look at the debacle that was the Comcast / G4 takeover of TechTv.
They DESTROYED that channel.
Are they gonna be any better with 40% of the providers?