[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.22 Live TV Rewind Sort of Broken

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Dec 5 01:23:56 UTC 2009

On 12/04/2009 08:17 PM, Dave Sp wrote:
> Using an analog Hauppauge PVR-500 (dual-tuner model).

It (all the stuff I cut out because I didn't feel like fixing the top
posting) sounds like you're watching a portion of the video for which
the backend has not yet passed the seek information that it builds on
the fly.

The seektable-less seeking is extremely unreliable because it's just an
approximation, so until you get the seektable...  (This is why programs
that don't use seek tables--xine or MPlayer--can actually skip
significantly different amounts from what's requested (or even skip the
wrong direction) in some videos.)

Mike