[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.22 backend on Ubuntu Hardy Heron

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 16:55:36 UTC 2009

> I currently enjoy a pretty high WAF (the system has run well for 18
> months).

Why on earth would you want to change anything?  Got an extra 40 hours open
in your calendar you don't know what to do with?

My advice (and don't listen to me I don't know anything) is to buy new hard
drives or better yet a new computer and do the upgrade there.   Early on in
my Myth career some wise person told me to treat Myth as an appliance.  You
buy it and it works.  If it quits working, fix it.  If it ain't broke, don't
fix it.

After thinking about it, buy a new backend.  Hardware is cheap compared to
what it will cost you if you screw up the WAF.

Allen