[mythtv-users] FCC admits CableCARD a failure, vows to try something else

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Sat Dec 5 17:38:33 UTC 2009

On 5 Dec 2009, at 17:23, Dean Collins wrote:

> Really?
>
> I dont think film re-use around the world is that real anymore,

My local Cinema (in UK) sometimes gets prints that are still slightly wet so they can't be US hand me downs.

I expect it's more an issue of co-ordinating the distribution.

> basically print quality is more important than the cost of re-using a

They are not wonderful quality, often they are so out of focus the surround sound track can't be read so you get the stereo backup track.
They get some digital distribution which looks great but often turns up later than the film version. The two digital screens are usually kept for 3D showings and live events, some managers still don't trust digital to work so will only schedule digital projection when they have to.

If there's something new I want to see I text my projectionist friend to see what showings are digital, when I let him know which one i'm coming to he makes sure it's in focus!!

Andre