[mythtv-users] VDPAU + AGP?

Jack McGee jack at greendesk.net
Sat Dec 5 22:09:20 UTC 2009

Blammo wrote:
> Anyone aware of any AGP cards that support VDPAU? Did a quick search,
> and I don't find any 8-series in AGP...

There aren't any and so I bought as PCI card.

What I didn't figure on is now I HAVE to use VDPAU, which works great in
MythTV.   But outside Myth, many players cannot utilize it.  My
workaround whenever MythTV didn't like to play a DVD was drop to VLC, or
some other player and usually one of them would work.  Can't do that
anymore, but I do think Mplayer is VDPAU aware.