[mythtv-users] Limit log file size?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 18:14:51 UTC 2009

2009/12/6 Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com>:

> By default I seem to get a cron.daily logrotate job, or at least
> there's a file in that directory since the emerge, but the default
> setup for logrotate.conf seems to be weekly, not daily. Probably
> that's OK for me, at least until I see how it's working, but it seems
> strange that the logrotate.conf file says weekly but the job is
> cron.daily.

That's because the frequency that logrotate is run to _check_ logs,
and the frequency that logs are actually rotated are two different
things. Even though logrotate is run daily through cron, the
directives in the logrotate config files (default and
application-specific) will determine when your log files are rotated.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott