[mythtv-users] IONITX-C tearing 1080p

Chad Voelker chad.voelker at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 19:28:40 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com>
wrote:
 > > 2009/12/6 Chad Voelker <chad.voelker at gmail.com>:

 > > Is there a setting in CMOS that controls how much memory is
allocated to the
 > > GPU? I've looked but couldn't find one.

 > Yes, under Chipset, Southbridge, I think. It's not real obvious, I
 > forget what the actual setting is called, and I actually never found
 > it on my first ION, then when I got my second I was poking around some
 > more and found it, so I updated the other one to 512MB as well. If you
 > can't find it, let me know and I will go in and get the actual setting
 > name.

 > Tom

Found the memory setting, bumped it to 512, no change with and without
the TripleBuffer and SyncToVBlank settings.

I've tested the ION on a couple of different displays around the house
all via the same HDMI cable, here are my results (all of these displays
support 1080i and 1080p):
Sony Bravia 46" HD TV (KDL40V2500) - Tearing  <--- This is the one I am
trying to get working.
Sony Bravia 32" HD TV (KDL32SL130) - Tearing
Asus 22" Monitor (VH222H) - No Tearing

Maybe, I need to play with the refresh rate via xrandr? This is what it
reports:
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 175, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 1920 x 1080
default connected 1920x1080+0+0 0mm x 0mm
   1920x1080      50.0*    51.0     52.0     53.0
   1680x1050      54.0     55.0