[mythtv-users] STB weirdness

bhaskins at chartermi.net bhaskins at chartermi.net
Sun Dec 6 22:09:46 UTC 2009

I recently purchased a DCH3416 STB, had Charter add their Mcard rental
to my account and they sent out a service tech to install the card.
He fought valiantly and made several calls back to the mother ship
but the best that we could get was:

Channels  1-14  not authorized
         15-17  good
         18-22  not authorized
         23-95  one moment please, ( does not change )
         96-98  good
        130     good
        135-137 good
        357     good
        768     good
The channels marked as good are just as good as on any other box
and it's weird the way the "good" channels are scattered through the lineup.
Many of the "not authorized" channels are in the "basic" package and we have
the expanded package.
The firewire setup and operation was/is totally as expected under myth
and the channel problem is the same as with the remote.
Is there any chance that the new 'M' card is bad?

On the main circuit board is a internal pushbutton, what is this for?

Also there is a Li-Ion "backup" battery, what does this backup?
The battery is soldered in but it would not be to hard to unsolder it,
let it set for a while, and then resolder it if there was any chance that
this might reset the channel map.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be?
Thanks,
  Bert