[mythtv-users] HD-PVR: Encoding Errors Running 0.22

Mike Smith easygreenus at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 7 06:21:09 UTC 2009

> I don't think this issue is motion based.  I have only once seen this issue
> crop up during an NFL game, and I also record NHL games without issues.  I
> record them in HD (720p) and I have great playback using the VDPAU High
> Quality settings.  No tearing, no skipping.  I don't record anything at
> 1080i because I like to have mythcommflag be able to keep up with the
> broadcast.

Derek,

In my case, it is definitely  on the backend recording side, not playback.
I edit the video near the jump and go through it frame-by-frame.
The missing video frames are NOT there.

I am using the VDPAU for playback.

I've locked my cable box in at 720P because the HD-PVR box did not
seem to adjust for the correct resolution.