[mythtv-users] IONITX-C tearing 1080p

Bobby Schwartz rschwartz at lastar.com
Mon Dec 7 14:44:14 UTC 2009

> > Is there a setting in CMOS that controls how much memory is
allocated
> to the
> > GPU? I've looked but couldn't find one.
>
> Yes, under Chipset, Southbridge, I think. It's not real obvious, I
> forget what the actual setting is called, and I actually never found
> it on my first ION, then when I got my second I was poking around some
> more and found it, so I updated the other one to 512MB as well. If you
> can't find it, let me know and I will go in and get the actual setting
> name.

Yea, that setting is buried.

I'm having approximately the same problem (similar software, same
hardware, etc.)  I see tearing the most during h.264 playback.  Mpeg2 is
fine.  I think the board defaults to 256MB.  Performance got worse when
the value was less than 256MB but I didn't see any gain to going above
256MB.  I'm using 512MB for the frame buffer anyways just in case.  I'm
running diskless w/ a single 2GB stick with the Atom 230.  MythFrontend
doesn't report any errors at normal logging levels.