[mythtv-users] Missing EIT data / trunk

Jurgen Kramer gtmkramer at xs4all.nl
Mon Dec 7 16:30:04 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-12-06 at 21:10 +0100, myShade wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-12-06 at 09:24 +0100, Jurgen Kramer wrote:
> > On Sat, 2009-12-05 at 17:12 +0100, myShade wrote:
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > I just got a couple of new channels, not included in the xmltv
> > > gathering.
> > > So that only leaves EIT data.
> > > Affected channels is dedicated to one and same dvbcard.
> > >
> > > Now the problem. I only get current program and next program in guide.
> > > As topic indicates i run trunk.
> > > I can't tell for sure but i belive there is options missing in the setup
> > > page, Video sources -
> > > Listings Grabber: Transmitted guide only (EIT)
> > > And it seems like there could be som checkboxes which is not
> > > visible(themed) on that page?
> >
> > I think there are actually some checkboxes missing. I've noticed as well
> > when I setup my DVB-C card. In the end I set the options directly into
> > the database. Maybe this is a 0.22 bug?
> >
> > > Any suggestions or known solutions appreciated.
> > >
> > > Br Fredrik
> > >
> Do you perhaps have those database adjustments handy?
> Im not very good with sql. delete/select stretches my knowledge :)

No problem, I have multiple tuners, so I only set the dishnet_eit to 1
for the tuners which are DVB-C capable. I made the selection by display
name:

First login to mysql as your mythtv user selecting the mythtv database:

mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg

update cardinput set dishnet_eit=1 where displayname="Ziggo DVB-C";

Alternatively you could use:

update cardinput set dishnet_eit=1 where inputname="DVBInput";

Check your settings with:

select * from cardinput;

Hope this helps.

Cheers,