[mythtv-users] No sound on Fedora 12

Niels Dybdahl ndylist at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 18:26:09 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 6:28 PM, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/12/7 Niels Dybdahl <ndylist at gmail.com>:
> > I am trying to upgrade from Fedora 10 to 12 (and from MythTV 0.21 to 0.22
> > using atrpms).
> > However Mythtv does not play any sound ("Mixer unable to find control
> PCM").
>
> In the frontend's general settings, set the mixer to use the Master
> control instead of PCM. If using analog audio, you might also need to
> change the audio device to ALSA:front instead of ALSA:default - this
> is what I did on my Revo 3610 without touching the pulseaudio
> settings, or creating a new .asound.rc file

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the tips. Changing to Master control alone did not help. But
ALSA:front did. Now I have sound.
However ALSA:front was not in the listbox, so I had to enter it. It refused
to let me enter it with my real keyboard, but it worked with the onscreen
keyboard.

Best regards
Niels Dybdahl