[mythtv-users] Implementing HD-PVR IR Blaster

greg pryzby greg at pryzby.org
Tue Dec 8 02:17:00 UTC 2009

On 12/07/2009 04:53 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Dec 7, 2009, at 4:12 PM, Bobby Schwartz wrote:
>
>>> I am *really* excited to hear this.
>>>
>>> Since you JUST got this working (including patching) could you share a
>>> step-by-step on how to get this included, working etc.
>>>
>>> Something like:
>>>     Install Fedora 12
>>>     yum install kernel-devel kernel-headers ....
>>>
>>> My challenge is I recently moved from Debian/Ubuntu to Fedora and
>>> Fedora
>>> does things differently
>>>     (I patched /usr/src/linux/ in the past... not the Fedora way)
>>>
>>> If someone wants to share lots of stuff, I am happy to test and write
>>> it
>>> up, but I can see wasting lots of time trying to get this to work. So
>>> any pointers, lessons learned, etc is welcome. Even, hey stupid, read
>>> this URL and then patch (from here) and load the module....
>>>

>> Well I've done all my work thus far in Mythbuntu.  AFAIK the IR blaster
>> is already working in FC12.  In fact, that was one thing I used to
>> troubleshoot my setup.  I actually got the FC12 Live CD to pick up the
>> HDPVR and its IR chip.
>>
>> If you're able to use Fedora 12 as a starting point I guess all you'd
>> need to do is configure lirc.
>
> Yeah, um, for Fedora, as I've said *several* times on this list already, there is no patching required, you just have to get the blaster firmware in place and configure things appropriately for your hardware.

I need to practice reading English :(

I was sure that there was something missing.

Ok, thanks for beating me over the head. Off to make it work.

And figure out how to build under Fedora anyway as I am sure I will need
to understand, one day

--
greg at pryzby dot org
BLOG: http://restonartistree.blogspot.com/