[mythtv-users] Deleted Group has 73 recordings? delete not working?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Dec 8 03:06:18 UTC 2009

> I've found the cause , it must have been a new 0.22 default , I reviewed the
> new setting which moves to Deleted Group, but the Max Age for this group was
> = 0 so I set this to 1 day
>
> Perhaps the original setting is not a reasonable default , I think it should
> be either deleted immediately or the Max Age should be set to 1 day

I just did a fresh install on a new dev system today, and "Auto Expire
Instead of Delete Recording" is unchecked by default. So it would
appear to me that you manually turned it on. I don't think it's too
much to ask of you to review the related settings when you turn a
feature on.

And in that context, a default Deleted Max Age of zero day makes
sense. First, myth (by default) was just outright deleting things
instantly. Then you tell it "no, don't delete" so it says  "ok, I'll
hold onto recordings until I run out of space". You then have to say
"well......maybe not THAT long". I think that's a pretty logical
arrangement.

--
Ron