[mythtv-users] Start MythVideo without user interaction

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 14:13:50 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 11:03 PM, Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> $ ln -s /usr/bin/mythfrontend mythvideo
>> $ ./mythvideo
>>
>> This will start the MythVideo plugin directly from the command line.
>
> Is this a joke or am I confused. You are just creating a symlink to
> mythfrontend and naming it mythvideo. It doesn't matter what you name
> the symlink it is still just going to start mythfrontend like normal.

Yep, just a symlink.  It does matter what you name the symlink, since
the binary will check what name it was started with and act
accordingly.  If you're interested, the relevant lines of the source
are here:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/main.cpp#L1128

--
Joe Ripley