[mythtv-users] The Boxee Box

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 14:38:22 UTC 2009

The Boxee Box has been announced. It's a small D-link device similar to a
Popcorn Hour or Roku box that runs Boxee and outputs to your TV over HDMI. I
watched part of the webcast last night and they claim it's fully open source
inside and out, and will retail for around $200. No mention of the xPUs yet
but if it really can do full Hulu, Netflix etc then one would think it would
be beefy enough to run a Myth FE. A box that can do full HD and flash
streaming for $200 sounds to me like a game changer. Or am I assuming too
much?

Some info and pictures at
http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/07/boxee-box-coming-q2-2010-d-link-revealed-as-hardware-partner/