[mythtv-users] Can't seek in HDHR recording while it's still in progress

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 03:34:09 UTC 2009

Hi -
   I recently added a HDHomerun to my myth21-fixes system and added a new
slave backend to which the HDHR is connected to.  Everything works fine,
expect when I watch a recording from a frontend while the HDHR recording is
still in progress, I can't seek at all (seek bar shows 0:01 of 0:01).  As
soon as the recording ends, I can seek through the recording and the program
length in the seek bar is accurate

I also have an HD3000 on this system which is working ok: confusing since it
grabs the OTA mpg stream and dumping it to disk just like the HDHR.
Recordings from the HD3000 can be seeked while in progress.  The HD3000 is
on the the master BE which the HDHR is set to a slave BE in case that would
matter

Thanks in advance
Dave