[mythtv-users] ot: Intel may buy Nvidia?

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Wed Dec 9 04:11:04 UTC 2009

I am surprised I haven't seen any discussion about this here.  This
could impact MythTV a lot, since Nvidia so far has been the best
practical supporter of Linux with its graphics cards.  Of course,
AMD/ATI and Intel claim to support Linux, but they have nothing
to compare with the sheer usefulness of VDPAU.  It would be
interesting to see what would happen with VDPAU (and CUDA)
 if Intel were to buy Nvidia.  Here's hoping that Intel would do the
right things and keep these projects well-supported, perhaps even
expanded.

Anyway, here's a link:

http://www.cringely.com/2009/12/intel-will-buy-nvidia/