[mythtv-users] Migration issues from 0.20 to 0.22

Terjesen Jens Peder Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Wed Dec 9 12:05:36 UTC 2009

Michael T. Dean wrote:

No, because to do a full restore of the 0.20 database backup, you'll
have to drop the existing 0.22-fixes database.  Once you drop that
database, you can't start mythtv-setup or mythbackend until you've
restored the 0.20 database backup /and/ done the appropriate hostname
changes.

>  Is stopping mythbackend (and any other myth
> processes)  enough, or do I need to change the hostnames before ever having
> run  these?

You'll have to stop them (all MythTV apps on all hosts--all
mythfrontend, mythbackend, mythtv-setup processes) to drop the
database.  Once you drop/restore the old 0.20 database backup, you've
"reset" the clock on the "before starting..."  See
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Database_Restore
for information about dropping/restoring the database.

Mike