[mythtv-users] best forum for MythTV?

Phill Wiggin alamar at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 17:42:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Dave <dave at davestechshop.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Ron Garrison <ron.garrison at gmail.com>wrote:

>> > There is no "official" forum for MythTV. The Devs have made it clear
>> that
>> > all "official" support is via the mailing lists.
>> >
>> > I'm sure there's plenty of good information on that forum, but it is by
>> no
>> > means "official".

>> you can always search history.
>>
>> Ron
>>
>> I use gmail. Did you set up any filters or labels, or do anything else to
> make this work well for you?
> (I had actually been thinking about learning how to set up a postfix mail
> server because people talk about how well that solution works for managing
> email from lists.)

With Gmail, all you have to do is:

Create a filter on the "To" field. the filter should be "mythtv-users".
Click 'Next step"
Then, on the next screen, mark "Skip the Inbox".
Mark "Add Label" and select 'Add New Label' and type "MythTV".
Check the box that says "Also apply to X conversations below"
Click the "Create Filter" button.

That'll keep myth stuff out of your inbox and keep it gathered under the
MythTV label.

I also do this for -dev and -commits too. (A _must_ if you run SVN code...
optional otherwise.)