[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu + Hauppauge 00226 WMC Remote not working

Vitani vitani-mythtv at tfxsoft.com
Wed Dec 9 19:51:04 UTC 2009

Good evening all,

I purchased a Hauppauge 00226 remote today to use on my MythTV frontend
(Mythbuntu 9.10, MythTV 0.22) but when I plug it in, nothing happens (other
than the little red light on the reciever flashing when I press a button on
the remote). I installed lirc (sudo aptitude install lirc) and have tried
configuring it in the Mythbuntu Control Centre (I set it to "Window Media
Centre Transceivers/Remotes (all)") but it doesn't work. I even tried
running irw, but nothing appears when I press the buttons.

Anyone have any ideas what I could try next?

Cheers,
Vitani