[mythtv-users] Remote Trouble works partial in mythtv and fully in xbmc

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 09:08:35 UTC 2009

2009/12/10 Lasse Knudsen <lasse.h.knudsen at gmail.com>:
> Hi again,
>
> I realized something the lircd was not running at all, but even then it was
> able to send the arrowkeys, enter, mute, volume. I find it highly strange

It's probably being configured to use the input layer (like keyboards
and mice), which will allow some/all remote keys to work, depending on
the remote.

If this is the case, you may want to try running LIRC with the
'devinput' driver to try to get all of the keys working, and use the
correct input device, which you should be able to find by running:

$ ls -l /dev/input/by-path/ | grep -i "ir"

> could someone please take a look at this picture and see if they can
> identify the remote?
>
> http://share.ovi.com/media/lasseknudsen.public/lasseknudsen.10003
>
> Getting this to work is driving me insane, if i had the 700 DKK (140USD), i
> would buy the Windows MCE Remotes, but that is not an option.

I can't identify the remote for you, but you can get a lircd.conf to
test with (suitable to use with the LIRC devinput driver) from:

http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/devinput/lircd.conf.devinput

Cheers,
Nick

--