[mythtv-users] Remote Trouble works partial in mythtv and fully in xbmc

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 14:50:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 1:48 AM, Lasse Knudsen
<lasse.h.knudsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I realized something the lircd was not running at all, but even then it was
> able to send the arrowkeys, enter, mute, volume. I find it highly strange
> could someone please take a look at this picture and see if they can
> identify the remote?
>
> http://share.ovi.com/media/lasseknudsen.public/lasseknudsen.10003
>
> Getting this to work is driving me insane, if i had the 700 DKK (140USD), i
> would buy the Windows MCE Remotes, but that is not an option.
>
> -lasse
>

> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Johnny Walker <johnnyjboss at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 5:53 AM, Lasse Knudsen <lasse.h.knudsen at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi JJ,
>> >
>> > thank you so far i have not seen that specific problem, i noticed that
>> > the
>> > mute button works aswell, i find it highly peculiar :)
>>
>> It's possible that the pulse audio manager in xfce is acting upon the
>> input from the remote control.
>>
>> I can't seem to locate the thread on how to disable it but there's an
>> xfce control panel option for disabling the autostarted programs. The
>> pulse audio manager will be listed in there, it was last on my list.
>>
>> This was causing me to see duplicate osd popups for volume commands,
>> including mute.
>>
>> -JJ
>>

>> > -lasse

Thought you'd just slip that cat in the back of the photo for fun there, huh?

I also don't recognize the remote but I'm no expert.

If the volume keys are working then it would seem that you have the
correct module loaded.

There don't seem to be too many Asus remotes listed in the lirc
project - you could just try all 5 of them.

http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/asus/

Also if you read the conf files you will see the names of the keys and
possibly be able to determine which is the correct one.

-JJ