[mythtv-users] Fixing overscan

German Rodriguez callmegar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 18:08:28 UTC 2009

Although you can modify the UI size and position, for some sets the
overscan is just too much, and you end up missing some content, in my
case CC and subtitles for foreign content were always off or missing,
and if you modify the size of the playback then you are introducing
compression and other artifacts into the picture, some overscan
correction is useful in several cases (not too much, or you'll end up
watching broadcast network protocol signals, specially in SD) , there
was a thread a little back about this issue, and if you have a recent
nvidia driver you just need to update you nvidia-settings package. I'm
using JYA repository and it's already compiled there, you can select
nvidia-glx-190 or nvidia-glx-195, plus nvidia-xconfig and
nvidia-settings in some cases (like in diskless clients) and the
option appears.