[mythtv-users] mythbuntu stops working for no reason

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Dec 10 20:19:30 UTC 2009

On Thursday 10 December 2009 12:58:06 pm Dan Hayes wrote:
> the entire machine does lock up, but sometimes i'm able to hit escape and
> get it to go back to the menu.  other times i just pull the plug.  and
>  after the first time it stops working, it never starts again.  not even
>  after a reboot.
>
> here are the logs.

<snip>

Doesn't sound like you are what I would call totally locked up, sounds more
like the F/E is locked. Can you ssh in from elsewhere on your network? You
could see what's happening, and do a clean reboot.

Your logs seem to indicate you may be using the "NV" driver, if you have an
nVidia card I'd advise using their drivers, unless you have some reason to
not do that. Not that the nv driver causes lockups, it just doesn't work very
well, but it couldn't hurt to try the nVidia drivers.

Is the machine stable when running non-Myth applications?

What is your capture hardware?