[mythtv-users] 'Wakeup' Delay on Idle Frontend

Simon Jones sijones_uk at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 11 00:11:28 UTC 2009

>One thing I've noticed is that when my combined frontend/backend has been
>left idle at the menu for some time (say overnight, or all day), when you
>press a button on the remote (or keyboard) there is a 4-5 second delay
>before the frontend responds.  Normally, things like up and down work
>instantly, but changing between menu screens, especially going into "Watch
>Recordings", gives the delay.

Am running .22 and after I have left it idle for a while, if I choose Watch TV, there is a long pause before anything happens (Please Wait screen etc)

I just thought it was something between the FE re-connecting to the BE, they are on the same machine for me.

Would be nice if the delay could be taken out.