[mythtv-users] The Boxee Box

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri Dec 11 01:40:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, December 10, 2009 2:41 pm, jedi wrote:
> OTOH, you wonder if anyone would ever be foolish enough to sue or
> prosecute
> a person that could provide as evidence the 1000+ DVDs that the media
> files were generated from.

Probably not, unless you were sharing the files from them on the Internet.

On the other hand, some people rip rental discs, or rip the disc and then
resell it.  Personally I think that's hard to defend, even for CDs where
there's no DMCA issue.  (I had a big argument with someone once over the
morality of ripping CDs borrowed from the library.)