[mythtv-users] Rogers On Demand On line launched

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Fri Dec 11 15:30:27 UTC 2009

"Brian J. Murrell" <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> writes:

> On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 09:02 -0500, Tom Lichti wrote:
>>
>> Okay, I guess you just need to be a customer, period.
>
> I'm surprised by that.

It's definitely true, as it is clearly stated on the Rogers web page.

>         Rogers Communication Inc. launched an online video site on
>         Monday, allowing existing subscribers to access content from
>         channels they subscribe to via the Web.
>
> Which to me means you have to have a cable service subscription.

You only have access to content from premium channels if you are a Rogers
Cable subscriber and subscribe to those channels.

> The reason I wonder this is because they must realize that giving the
> cable service away "for free" to subscribers of any other Rogers service
> is going to cut into the cable revenues.

In its current form, this isn't going to be a problem, since they only
have a few dozen movies in total, and every time I tried to watch one,
I was told that the content wasn't currently available.

When they say that you can "access content from channels they subscribe
to", they certainly don't mean *all* of the content from those channels.

Dan