[mythtv-users] Problem Compiling mythplugins (specifically mythvideo)

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 18:51:29 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Christopher Moore
<g8keepr007 at optonline.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running Fedora 12, with what I believe to be all of the correct
> development packages installed.  Mythtv (the directory) itself compiled
> fine, but I'm having issues compiling the mythplugins.

> Metadata::VideoFileHash(const QString&, const QString&)’:
> metadata.cpp:923: error: ‘GetFileHash’ is not a member of ‘RemoteFile’
> metadata.cpp:926: error: ‘FileHash’ was not declared in this scope
> make[2]: *** [metadata.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/g8keepr/Download/MythTV/SVN/mythplugins/mythvideo/mythvideo'
> make[1]: *** [sub-mythvideo-make_default] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/g8keepr/Download/MythTV/SVN/mythplugins/mythvideo'
> make: *** [sub-mythvideo] Error 2
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

The version of plugins you are attempting to compile does not match
the Myth libraries installed on your system.  MythTV and the plugins
must be identical revisions, and you must do a make install on mythtv
before attempting a plugin compile.  The file hashing code referenced
above exists in core MythTV, which is in turn called by MythVideo.

Robert