[mythtv-users] Can't seek in HDHR recording while it's still in progress

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 06:33:37 UTC 2009

>Hi -
 >  I recently added a HDHomerun to my myth21-fixes system and added a new
slave backend to which the >HDHR is connected to.  Everything works fine,
expect when I watch a recording from a frontend while the >HDHR recording is
still in progress, I can't seek at all (seek bar shows 0:01 of 0:01).  As
soon as the >recording ends, I can seek through the recording and the
program length in the seek bar is accurate

>I also have an HD3000 on this system which is working ok: confusing since
it grabs the OTA mpg stream and >dumping it to disk just like the HDHR.
Recordings from the HD3000 can be seeked while in progress.  The >HD3000 is
on the the master BE which the HDHR is set to a slave BE in case that would
matter

>Thanks in advance
>Dave

Ok so replying to my own post here.  I reconfigured the HDHR to be connected
to my MBE instead of the slave and now I can seek while the recording is
progress.  Not the setup I want, but I least I have something that works.

When I had it connected to the slave I didn't see any obvious errors in the
backend or frontend logs.  But maybe I'l do a capture of good and bad to
compare

Dave