[mythtv-users] Using the Python bindings

Marius Schrecker marius at schrecker.org
Sat Dec 12 10:44:25 UTC 2009

Hi,

  I want to start work on the channel-changing over internet script that I mentioned a while back.

 It looks as if the Python bindings will be the way to go to get the necessary variables, but I know nothing about python, and I can't find any documentation about actually using the bindings. Can anyone point me to a quick reference to help me learn just what I need to know?  I have to get to something like MythTV.Something.Frontend. sendQuery(liveTV CHANID) and extract the value for a specific live channel in the format shownameTimeFrom - TimeTo
Also I'm having trouble using the query command over the Telnet socket:

 query liveTV
ERROR: Unable to retrieve current schedule list.

other query commands work:

# query recording 3010 2009-12-08T21:28:00
3010 2009-12-08T21:28:00 Shakespeares skjulte koder
#

Cheers!

Marius