[mythtv-users] Remove Cut point (before/after) from recordings but keep original format

Greg Cope gregcope at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 17:18:39 UTC 2009

2009/12/12 Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> On 12/12/2009 08:35 AM, Greg Cope wrote:

>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythtranscode#Using_the_--mpeg2_Option_for_.28Virtually.29_Lossless_MPEG2_Transcode
>>>
>>> Use the MPEG-2 "almost-lossless" transcode, which re-encodes only the
>>> frames around the cutpoints.
>>
>> Thanks Chris for a prompt and great reply.
>>
>> Is that mode mapped on the mythfrontend menu->transcode menu or is it
>> command line only (or how do I add to that menu or remap it)?
>
> Set up the desired transcoding profile(s) to use it.
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike, just worked that out - I had a recording profile, just
needed to set it to use it under setup->general->transcode
jobs->choose profile

Now transcoding.... and saving LOADS (100Gb?) of space trimming all my
recordings that have cutpoints.

Also for those who do commflagging for comercials my Dual Core Atom
330 Revo R3610 is doing about 52fps on SD MPEG content (reasonably
high bit rates; mux rates of 15Mbits/sec) which is near real time.