[mythtv-users] how to delete all senders?

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Sat Dec 12 22:55:11 UTC 2009

Hi,

in the process off getting mythv to work, I found myself unable to
watch live TV. It turned out that I needed to set a starting channel
with mythtv-setup.

However, there were a lot of "unnamed" channels in the channel
list. Trying to solve the problem, I connected to the database and
issued

delete from channel where name="";

to get rid of the unnamed channels. (Unfortunately, mythweb doesn't
work.) This might have violated the database integrity, so I'd like to
delete all channels and recreate them with a new scan.

Or is the database still ok and I don't need to worry?